Ramping to Launch and Personal Changes in Direction.
I was up at 3 this morning thinking about what my goals were with my life. I was surrounded by a mixture of handwritten cards, printed *WIP* cards, cards with final art but old text, papers containing notes, and newly handwritten rules. I really chose to take a lot moving towards my first Kickstarter. Launching this blog, YouTube channel, various social media accounts, balancing a day job, learning Python, learning Japanese, and then again creating a game and trying to get it launched by a certain date with a lot of great support from people but mostly alone has put a lot of stress on my mind. I am amazed that others have done all this stuff before me - and with all this, I have to be honest with myself and you. I can't go at the same rate that I have been with my goals in place as they are. So I want to share a little with you about the upcoming blog changes for the next few months.
- I will have two scheduled blog posts every week, and they will be Kickstarter Highlights and Designer Diaries.
- Kickstarter Spotlights: My hope is my blog will still be a spot that I can share great-looking Kickstarter campaigns from other creators around the world that hope to see their dreams become reality. These will happen every Friday.
- Designer Diaries: These posts are going to be a meditative moment for myself and allow myself to welcome you into the journey I am on. These posts will also allow for me to have a record of what seems to work and what doesn't.
- Every other week I will share a new video that I have put together. These videos are going to be "Unboxing" and "First Impressions" heavy as they are easier to produce. That being said I have made commitments to knock out a review for a game that was sent to me so there will be other videos thrown in there. These videos will go up every other Wednesday.
- I will do my end of the month top 5 Kickstarters and they will stay the same, although I hope to update the Feature Image. For that matter, I hope to update all my featured images to a more streamlined look as I am contemplating how this site looks.
Those are my big three changes moving forward. I don't want to quit blogging cold turkey because I have noticed a significant change in my writing. Thank you so much for being on this journey with me. I don't know if I could have made it this far without all of you supporting me by interacting on my posts, sending suggestions for Kickstarters, and sharing my stories.
If you could do one more thing for me, I would appreciate it. If you could subscribe to my monthly newsletter. I only send out one newsletter a month and I will aim to send out an email to alert everyone when I am going live on Kickstarter. I won't ever give your information away because that is ridiculous.
Thanks again and remember to...